Monday 17 June 2013

Self Learning and Importance of Coaching



When I saw back into my past, I feel what is lost due to absence of proper coaching.  Where I stand today is no doubt a great achievement, both at personal as well as on professional level.

Whole of my life is full of self-learning.  I started working while my result of Diploma in Commerce (D.Com) was awaited.  I stayed alone without my parents or guardian miles away from my home.  It was some divine power that always guided me.  I learned Short Hand, did graduation (in Arts subjects) as private candidate and tried Masters (Political Science).  I also try to be a Homeo Doctor and so on.  Look at it; does it make any connection with my current profession, IT?  No!

It is common problem with most of young guys, especially ones like me who came to big cities with some level of education and start working there.  Our education system does not provide any sort of professional coaching.  When we start working, we come across many professionals, i.e. Accounting, HR, IT, Marketing, Sales etc. etc. 

People like me become fascinated by the progress people from these fields have made.  However, we forget that if someone has got accolade in his/her professional, behind it is focused struggle of many years, structured education, guidance and learning through experience.

Had I have proper coaching, focused education, proper training, I would have been where I’m today a long while ago.  Nevertheless, I thanks in million to Almighty Allah for keeping me on right path and saved going astray.

So for anyone who is self-learner, it’s my message.  Self-learning is no doubt a great spirit.  However, if it’s done under professional guidance, it can bear fruits much earlier than anticipated.

In the end, choose your friends carefully and wisely.  The circle of friends has ever lasting impact on what you are and what you want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment